Frequently Asked Questions

Show All
Where are Vodafone ordinary shares traded?
Vodafone ordinary shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs), on the NASDAQ Stock Market.
How do I buy and sell Vodafone shares?

You can buy and sell Vodafone ordinary shares through a financial adviser or stockbroker, bank or building society. Please note the commission charges for buying and selling shares vary between the different organisations.

You can also use the dealing services provided by our Registrar. If you hold your shares in the Vodafone Share Account, you will need to use Computershare’s internet or telephone share dealing services. You can find further information, including commission rates and charges as well as any restrictions to using the dealing services on Investor Centre or alternatively you can contact our Registrars directly.

On what basis will our Registrars buy or sell?
All transactions will be undertaken on an ‘execution only’ basis. This means that our Registrars cannot give you any investment advice on transactions, nor will our Registrars be able to provide any other services under this agreement. Please contact our Registrars for documentation and full details of service. If you are in any doubt about what action you should take you should consult an independent financial adviser authorised under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
Does Vodafone operate a share dealing service?
We are not currently operating a share dealing service although we have done in the past.
How do I transfer my Vodafone shares to someone else?

You may at some point wish to transfer your shares to someone else (for example, your spouse or partner or in an 'off market' sale). As these transactions usually do not involve a stockbroker, you can use a stock transfer form which can be obtained from [our Registrars/Shareholder Forms page]. Please complete and return it to Computershare along with your share certificate via registered post.

Where stamp duty is payable, the completed transfer form must be sent to a UK Inland Revenue Stamp Office and the duty paid before it can be forwarded to the Registrars.

Where stamp duty is not payable, you will need to complete the form fully, remembering to complete the stamp duty declaration on the reverse. The transfer form and share certificate (totalling at least the number of shares on the transfer) should be forwarded to the Registrars. Do not worry if the share certificates represent more shares than the transfer. If this is the case, the Registrars will send you a share certificate representing the balance. If you are in doubt or would like a stock transfer form, please contact our Registrars.

Do I have to pay stamp duty on the transfer?
This is dependent on the nature of the transaction taking place. As a general rule, if no consideration or money is changing hands then the transaction is not liable for stamp duty. However, there are several instances where stamp duty has to be paid and for full guidelines you should refer to the reverse of the Stock Transfer Form. If you require any further information please contact our Registrars.